Tuesday, November 7

18 Minute Oneironautics

As I sat in class I remember thinking that I had a speech to give today. And even though I wasn't prepared, I knew I would be able to get through it. I asked to accuse myself for a few minutes so that I could run to my room for props. She agreed, and as I was leaving I kept thinking that I would use the demonstration from my other class. As I tired desperately to return to class on time I ran in just as the bell rang, and I had missed my opportunity...to cheat.

I was sitting in my room wondering what the commotion down the hall was. As I opened my door, I realized that this place was not my home, but some where that I couldn't place but all otherwise accepted. She bent over me with a lost expression about her. She didn't want to be there.

I found myself at the edge of world, experiencing what I can only describe as a lecture on the effects of existentialism vs film and literature. A colleague of mine, seemed very much involved in the process; someone who otherwise would not be, for as much as I know of him. As I listened to the professor congradulate those on their input, I felt compelled to visit the ground floor. I approached the stage and was immediately surrounded by those who would mean harm to me. I killed a man that I quickly became, and as I felt my soul touch my skin I urged to see the sky as I collected. I could feel the light rush through me as it resuscitated my consciousness I could hear the sound of water collecting around me. And as I pulled my head out of my body I can remember thinking that perhaps memories are too unstable at an early age because the soul may not have fully pieced together.

-And you will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable- JMK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home